Based upon the principles of building up, moving forward and focusing on our strengths, WeCo’s mission is to foster accessibility, awareness and independence for all people, regardless of their level of ability.
- Improve accessibility by providing high quality user-experience testing focused on how individuals living with disabilities interact with electronic formats and the Internet.
- Increase awareness regarding the capabilities of people living with disabilities by providing educational outreach.
- Foster independence by utilizing and compensating the skills of people who may have been overlooked by traditional work environments.
- Empower our consultants and employees to take ownership of their communities by giving back through volunteer and leadership opportunities.
Why WeCo is Unique
WeCo (The Wehrman Collaborative, LLC) specializes in providing organizations with access to user-experience test teams staffed by people who live with disabilities, focusing on how they interact with computers and the Internet. We are a mission-based for-profit organization, and one of our primary focuses is employing people who live with disabilities as subject-matter experts in the development and delivery of our products and services.
- Our Certified Test Consultant Team is made up of people who live with disabilities, which include the four major areas of disability classification identified by the U.S. Department of Human Services: sight, hearing, motor skill and cognitive-related disabilities.
- Our Test Team uses a wide range of assistive computer devices that are common to people who live with a variety of disabilities. These devices are highly representative of the real experiences of people living with disabilities as they include a wide range of device age, brand and types.
- Our CTCs receive extensive and ongoing training in how to conduct tests that help us determine how accessible our client’s targets (websites, online products, e-documents, etc.) are to people who live with disabilities.
- Most CTCs come to WeCo because they are underutilized in the workplace, or are unable to acquire gainful employment, due to lack of understanding regarding their disabilities or reluctance on the part of potential employers to make workplace accommodations which could enable them to work. As a result, they are extremely dedicated to their work, and to meeting our client’s needs.
What We Do
WeCo delivers not only high quality WCAG, Section 508 VPAT and ADA compliance reporting documentation, we combine them with standards that have been developed by our Board of Advisors, all of whom live with disabilities and many of whom have backgrounds in disability advocacy and accessible technology. Other accessibility testing organizations do not offer the depth and organized testing structure that WeCo offers. Your organization can take pride in sense of social responsibility when using WeCo’s testing services.
WeCo Advisory Board
WeCo’s driving force is its dynamic and involved Advisory Board. Made up largely of individuals who live with disabilities, some of our Board members also are experts in the fields of vocational rehabilitation and accessible technology.
The WeCo Advisory Board helps to shape our products and guide the career path being blazed by our Certified Test Consultant Team.