Quick Facts about WeCo Services
- WeCo tests for verification with all access legislation including, WCAG 2.0, Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act combined with our own WeCo Advisory Board approved Standards of Access.
- We provide our clients with extensive testing reports to help them learn, document their own best practices and cite their organization’s due diligence efforts.
- WeCo testing services also include guidance to help our clients’ targets become highly accessible.
About Our Work
WeCo has implemented test cases and training for the following entities and companies:
- The Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development
- The Minnesota Department of Public Safety
- The Northwest Indiana Regional Bus Authority (Indiana Metropolitan Planning
- GovDelivery, Inc.
The following organizations have the limited use of WeCo’s Access Approved™ logo:
WeCo Testing Services
WeCo has a full range of standardized and customized testing services to meet the needs of website, software and electronic application testing. Our Accessibility Test Platform has been effectively utilized on test targets ranging from large government websites to small online forms. Targets are tested against WCAG 2.0 and Section 508 standards as well as WeCo’s own Standards of Access.
Contact us today and we’ll help you discover how accessibility testing can help your organization learn more about the accessibility of your current target, or make a project you currently are developing more accessible upon delivery.
Test Case Construction
WeCo’s Accessibility Specialists will compose a customized test case for your organization that allows our Certified Test Consultants to conduct the user-experience test. This test case will include usability checks that will enable us to determine if the template meets minimum Section 508 VPAT standards and American with Disabilities Act guidelines as well as WeCo’s Standards of Access.
WeCo’s Standards of Access and Access Approved® Seal
WeCo’s Standards of Access include a unique combination of WCAG and Section 508 VPAT standards, and additional standards prioritized by WeCo’s Board of Advisors, many of whom have worked in accessibility and disability advocacy and all of whom live with disabilities.
Websites and e-formats that meet the WeCo Standards of Access (©The Wehrman Collaborative, LLC) are eligible to display WeCo’s Access Approved® Seal. The seal tells your customers and competitors that your website or project has achieved a high level of user accessibility.
WeCo’s Accessible Test Case Final Report
Providing you with documentation of your organization’s accessibility efforts, this WeCo Accessibility Test Platform Final Report includes a complete list of all testing criteria including WCAG, Section 508 and WeCo Standards of Access and also recommendations for improving your website or target project’s accessibility.
The statistical data contained within this Final Report can be used to document and demonstrate your organization’s accessible due diligence. This information also can be highly beneficial from a public relations standpoint.
Ongoing Assistance from WeCo
When you partner with WeCo, you get more than just one-time test results. You get an ongoing commitment to service from our knowledgeable staff.
Use our free website resources and call us any time you have questions or need help brainstorming an access issue. Our personal service is available to you at no additional cost, and with no obligation to purchase future services.
Access Education Services
WeCo provides government and private industry professionals with a variety of learning options on the topics of accessibility and sensitivity. Because the majority of our company positions are staffed by people who live with disabilities, we bring an extremely personal “real life” feel to these topics. Our instructors encourage questions and discussion from clients in a relaxed and accepting setting.
Below is a list of the most commonly requested courses. Any of these courses can be delivered in a variety of work environments or project settings and all of our training is customized to meet your specific needs and scheduling/time limits. Our staff also is available to construct customized training curricula upon request.
- Working With Coworkers Who Live With Disabilities
- Serving Clients Who Live With Disabilities
- Including People Who Live With Disabilities
Accessible Websites and Documents
- The Basics of Accessible Web Design: A User’s Perspective
- Accessible From Authorship Series: Word Documents, PowerPoint, Excel and PDFs
- Converting Documents For Access Series: Word Documents, PowerPoint, Excel and PDFs
For more information, please contact WeCo’s Accessibility Services Department at email@example.com or 855-849-5050 x1.