WeCo provides free, 30-minute mid-day online webinars, as a part of our mission. Covering a variety of accessibility topics, they make learning quick and easy.
Getting Started in Accessibility
Offered each month!
Facing website legal issues? Concerned about inclusion? This free 30-minute workshop is an excellent place to start. You’ll leave with:
- An understanding of what digital accessibility is to users with cognitive, hearing, mobility and sight disabilities.
- A working knowledge of the current US laws and international guidelines, governing and shaping websites, software and more.
- Solid next steps to help your project/organization move in the right direction.
Introduction to Alternative Text Tags
Friday, October 13, 2023 12:00-12:45 p.m. CDT
Join us for a crash course in what alt text does and how to create and apply it so that it’s most effective for users with disabilities.
Alt tags make many things we think of as solely visual, accessible to nonvisual users on websites, software and mobile applications. But understanding how to write and apply them can be tricky.
In this webinar we’ll focus on:
- What do users with disabilities want and need to know about images?
- The short versus long alternative text tag: when to use which.
- Tips for addressing bias in alternative text tag writing.
- Open discussion so you can ask WeCo Digital Accessibility Experts your burning questions!
Accessible Video and Slide Decks
Thursday, November 16, 2023 1:00-1:45 p.m. CST
Your worries about inaccessible videos and slide deck presentations are over in one short webinar. We’ll show you the basics in 45 minutes.
Ensuring that videos, audio files, and presentation formats are accessible to everyone can be mystifying. We’ll give you a crash course in the essentials to help you understand and address the accessibility needs in your multimedia, including:
- What makes videos, audio recordings, and slide decks inaccessible to users with different types of disabilities.
- Easy-to-understand explanation of the standards and laws used to measure media accessibility.
- The differences between captions, transcripts, and audio descriptions—and when to use which one.
Also included: video examples and live demos to bring the above points to life.
Thursday, December 14, 2023 12:30-1:15 p.m. CST
Learn ways to make WordPress websites accessible for all users, including those living with disabilities.
If you or your organization run a website hosted by WordPress, or if you’re looking to create one in the future, join us to learn how to make your website accessible. WeCo’s Accessibility Team will explain:
- General digital accessibility tips you can apply to any website
- How to navigate WordPress-provided accessibility resources
- Remediation options you can apply to your WordPress website
Included is an open discussion so you can ask WeCo Digital Accessibility Experts your burning questions!
Miss a webinar? Check out recordings/transcripts of some of our most popular free webinar recordings.
Watch assistive device demonstrations including braille, iPhone voice over and screen magnification, Dragon Naturally Speaking, and screen reader.
Learn about website accessibility and more with our free resources
Receive WeCo training on-demand through WeCollege E-Learning
Stay up on the latest in digital accessibility with WeCo’s Free Accessibility Blog.
Understand how to make digital access happen with resources from WeCo’s Free Accessibility Library.