WeCo’s free accessibility webinars and resources provide you with learning opportunities that are in line with our mission. Below are links to our most recent free accessibility webinar events. We invite you take advantage of these and our many other free resources, such as our Free Accessibility Library. Also see: upcoming WeCo webinars and special events.
Getting Started in Accessibility
Miss our monthly free accessibility webinar “Getting Started in Accessibility”? Want to view it again or share it with a colleague? We’ve kept a copy of a recent one, here, just for you.
What you’ll learn:
- What digital accessibility is and how it’s measured.
- More than just blindness: cameos of users with a variety of disabilities and their digital needs.
- Suggested next steps, and resources, to getting your accessibility effort started.
Demystifying US Accessibility Requirements
What is WCAG, ADA, Section 508? US digital accessibility has its own regulation language and understanding what they are and who they apply to can be confusing.
We’ll walk you through each and demystify:
- The differences between guidelines and laws
- Which requirements apply to different industries
- How guidelines are shaping laws in the US and around the world
Taught by WeCo Founder/President, Lynn Wehrman, is who also a former federal program coordinator and government Communications Specialist.
Braille Laptops: Feeling a Web Page
Can you feel a web page? In this free accessibility webinar, WeCo’s Lead Certified Test Consultant, Maureen, takes you on a journey to understand Braille: where it came from and how it is used to tactilely to access computers, mobile aps and software.
What you’ll learn:
- What Braille is and where it came from
- How Braille works in digital environments.
- How Braille provides the WCAG requirement for “text alternatives” for users.
But wait, there’s more….
Need training right now? Check out our Webinars for upcoming live events. Or learn about our Accessibility and Usability group training options..
Want to know more about us? Learn more about WeCo’s unique mission to employ digital professionals living with disabilities as experts to help you become accessible.