At WeCo, living with a disability everyday helps us bring understanding to others. Our experienced subject matter expert (SME) speakers with disabilities cover accessibility and inclusion topics:
- Digital accessibility and usability
- Inclusion and diversity
- Inspiring stories of our own journeys, as a company and individuals (see Free Story Hour below)
Free WeCo Story Hours
WeCo’s story is journey of how a group of digital technologists built a company within an industry that did not see their contribution as viable. It’s a tale of perseverance, inclusion and hope that can inspire your team or organization. The stories of each of us working at WeCo are woven into the book we are writing together.
As part of our mission, WeCo offers FREE 30-60-minute “Story Hours” with our President and Founder, Lynn Wehrman, and members of our Staff Team, for both online and onsite events (within the Twin City, MN area.)
Story Hours focus on our personal experiences and life events as professionals living with disbilities, and building our company.
NOTE: WeCo Free Story Hours are courtesy events limited to 1-hour, upon availability. They do not include customization for conference themes or WeCo training information. We reserve the right to limit Free Story Hour requests per our discretion.
Lynn Wehrman, WeCo President/Founder
WeCo Founder and President, Lynn Wehrman is a highly experienced speaker for keynote events and conferences. Her approach is conversational and thought-provoking.
Lynn began her career working in digital accessibility as one of the first government digital accessibility specialists. She founded Digital Accessibility by WeCo in 2011.
Lynn’s Past Events:
- General Assembly Webinar 2020 / Designing for All: Accessibility, Usability and Inclusion.
- Women in Technology Workshop 2020/ Lynn Wehrman: “Digital Accessibility as a Career Path at the 2020 Women in Technology Workshop
- Cities Speak 2020/ Lynn Wehrman: How To Make Your Website Accessible to Users With Disabilities
- NYC Department of Education Website Accessibility Summit 2019/Lynn Wehrman: You’re Not Building a Website, You’re Building Inclusion (New York City Department of Education)
- Tech Cities 2019/Lynn Wehrman: Accessibility is Your Business Survival Tool: How Aging and Disability Will Impact Business Growth (University of Minnesota)
- World Usability Day 2017/Lynn Wehrman: Closing Keynote: Can I Do It Myself? Testing with Users Living with Disabilities (YouTube)
Sue Ann Rodriquez, Director of Accessibility Services
WeCo’s Director of Accessibility Services, Sue Ann Rodriquez, loves teaching people about accessibility and digital inclusion. Bringing the experiences she’s lived, as well as those of the digital professionals she works with, to life, is her passion.
Sue Ann began her digital career as the webmaster/data base administrator for Twin Cities RISE! She completed a master’s degree in Digital Communication from Metro State University, St. Paul, Minnesota.
It was during her graduate studies that Sue Ann began exploring the intersectionality of digital accessibility and UX. Her master’s project focused on testing the accessibility and usability of her the University’s Disability Services Department’s webpages utilizing assistive technology, including the JAWS screen reader software she uses in her daily life.
The insights she gained from this work prompted her to find an organization that could put her UX/assistive technology and web development capabilities to use. Sue Ann’s SME background makes her a sought-after trainer at conferences and events.
Sue Ann’s Past Events:
- ICT Annual Convention: Presenting ‘Remote Usability Testing with People Living with Disabilities” White Paper
- KFAI Radio – Disability and Progress Radio Show
- World Usability Day 2019/Sue Ann Rodriquez: “Designing a Mobile Future For All of us: A Panel of Mobile Users with Disabilities”
- ADA Great Lakes AFA Center 2016/Sue Ann Rodriquez/Lynn Wehrman: Real Life Accessibility: Software versus Disability-Based UX Testing (Great Lakers ADA Center)
Learn more about our mission and our company
Learn about our dual mission, of accessibility and disability employment
Read about our founder and her story