Thank you for attending “The E-World of People Living With Disabilities” Webinar. Below are the links for your handouts. Did you know:
- In the next 10 years, the number of Americans over 50 will increase by 40%.
- Between 2000 and 2030, the numbers of Americans over age 65 will more than double, from 34.8 million to more than 70.3 million.
- Americans 50 and older represent 25% of the population, but control 50% of the nation’s buying power and 75% of its assets, representing $150 billion in annual discretionary income, and billions more for necessities like housing and food.
- About 30% of all Americans become disabled prior to retirement age.
- More than 7 out of every 10 Americans will acquire some sort of disability by the time they reach the age of 75.
U.S. Social Security Administration: The Work Site, 2004.