WeCo provides free, 30-minute mid-day webinars, as a part of our mission. Covering a variety of accessibility topics, they make learning quick and easy. We also provide accessibility skill workshops, on a “per seat” basis for individuals and organizations alike!
Getting Started in Accessibility
Facing website legal issues? Concerned about inclusion? This free 30-minute workshop is an excellent place to start. You’ll leave with:
- A quick understanding of what digital accessibility is to users across four disability types: cognitive, hearing, mobility and sight.
- A working knowledge of the current US laws and international guidelines, governing and shaping websites, software and more.
- Solid next steps to help your project/organization move in the right direction.
Because we’re mission-based, WeCo’s free public training offers you real, actionable information—not just an advertisement for our services.
- Thursday, October 14, 2021: 11:00 – 11:30 a.m. (cst)
- Wednesday, November 10, 2021: 11:00 – 11:30 a.m. (cst)
- Thursday, December 9, 2021: 11:00 – 11:30 a.m. (cst)
- Wednesday, January 12, 2022: 11:00 – 11:30 .m. (cst)
Accessible Microsoft Documents Workshop
October 4th 2-5 p.m. CST
Learn how to make Word documents, Power Point Presentations and Outlook emails accessible! This 3-hour hands on workshop gives you the confidence to create and convert accessibly in Microsoft. Comes with our “Accessible Microsoft Documents” takeaway guide!
NDEAM – Job Seekers Panel Discussion
October 6th 5-6:30 p.m. CST
October is National Disability Employment Awareness Month. We invite you to join us for a discussion on best practices for things like interviewing, asking for accommodations, and overcoming other obstacles as a job seeker living with disabilities.
NDEAM – Employers Panel Discussion
October 19th 12-1:30 p.m. CST
Our second event celebrating National Disability Employment Awareness Month. We will host a panel of employers who have all hired people with disabilities for a variety of positions.
They will be discussing:
- Tips on attracting, hiring, and retaining workers with disabilities.
- Words of advice for job seekers with disabilities.
- Examples/stories of successes they’ve had hiring and/or working with people with disabilities.
- Examples/stories of challenges they’ve experienced and ways they have worked through them or overcome the issue.
- Discussing accommodation and dispelling any myths that it’s too expensive or difficult to make them for people with disabilities in the workplace.
Miss a webinar? Check out recordings/transcripts of some of our most popular free webinar recordings.
Watch assistive device demonstrations including braille, iPhone voice over and screen magnification, Dragon Naturally Speaking, and screen reader.